The main objectives for the Mea Token Control product is to:
- Enable cardholders to perform lifecycle management of all tokens through issuer’s banking app
- Provide an easy-to-integrate solution for banks to enable token control in their app
- Provide self-service of token lifecycle management that can reduce the load on customers support centers
- Enhance the functionality and features of banks mobile apps
Mea Token Control utilizes MDES Customer Service API and VTS Lifecycle Management API to provide token control features in our customers apps.
- View all tokens for a PAN
- Suspend token
- Resume token
- Delete token
- View token status history
There are two solutions for token control functionality:
Token Control Backend API which can be used by the Issuer's online banking site or mobile applications directly.
MTC Backend API documentation: toktokencontrolapi10.docs.apiary.io
- TokenUniqueReference - Unique reference to the token (string)
- TokenSuffix - Last 4 digits of token (4 character string)
- ExpirationDate - Expiration date of token (4 digit string, format "mmyy")
- ActivationCodeExpirationDateTime - Date and time when an Activation Code will expire (string in ISO 8601 format – YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZD)
- CurrentStatusCode - Current status of the Token (1 character string). Valid values:
- "U" - Unmapped. The token has not yet been linked to the Account PAN. The process of tokenization is ‘In Progress.'
- "A" - Active. The token is linked to the Account PAN and may initiate new transactions to be authorized
- "S" - Suspended. The token is linked to the Account PAN but may not perform transactions at the request of one or more suspenders
- "D" - Deleted. The token is logically deleted but is still linked to the Account PAN for the purposes of post-authorization transaction processing
- CurrentStatusDateTime - Date and time the status was updated (string in ISO 8601 format – YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZD)
- FinalTokenizationDecision - Final decision related to the digitization of the Account PAN for this token (1 character string). Valid values:
- "D" - Digitization was declined
- "A" - Digitization was approved
- "R" - Digitization was approved but required authentication prior to activation
- Suspenders - List of Suspender(s) of the token when the token current status is SUSPENDED (1 character string). Only present when token mapping is suspended. Valid values:
- "I" - The issuer has requested token suspension.
- "W" - Token Requestor (including Wallet Provider) has requested token suspension.
- "C" - The cardholder has requested token suspension.
- "P" - The Mobile PIN Validation service has requested token suspension. Occurs when the cardholder has entered their Mobile PIN incorrectly too many times whilst performing a transaction.
- "M" - The Mobile PIN Change Validation service has requested token suspension. Occurs when the cardholder has entered their Mobile PIN incorrectly too many times whilst changing their mobile pin.
- TokenActivatedDateTime - Date and time that the token was activated (string in ISO 8601 format – YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssTZD)
- TokenRequestorId - Per EMV Co, the entity uniquely recognized as the Token Service Provider (string). Most common values:
- "50110030273" - APPLE PAY
- "50120834693" - GOOGLE PAY
- "50174158869" - FITBIT PAY
- "50183038325" - GARMIN PAY
- TokenRequestorName - The legal name of the token requestor (string). There can be more than one Token Requestor Id per Token Requester Name (legal name). So it is important to use both parameters to uniquely identify a token requestor.
- TokenRequestorConsumerFacingEntityName - The Token Service Provider name to be displayed to the consumer (consumer-facing name).
- TokenType - Type of token (1 character string). Valid values:
- "S" - Embedded Secure Element Token
- "C" - Cloud-Based Payments token.
- "F" = Static token (deprecated)
- WalletId - Identifier of the Wallet Provider who requested the digitization or tokenization (3 digit string). For the all Merchant tokens WalletID value is
- MtcTokenDevice - Object containing info of the device provisioned with the token (device Id, device name, device type, Secure Element Id)